Access the Laboratory

Blog Archive

Monday, July 17, 2017

Open for Business!

The Mage College is closing.

AND REOPENING!

You can find the new site here. Please keep in mind that I am still moving a bunch of the old articles over. Also, this site will be up until the new domain is up to redirect to the new one. There's more news to come in the coming weeks. I understand that the new website name isn't exactly an easy one to remember. When I can afford to, I will buy a domain that allows us an easier to remember title, with further improvements coming to website in the future.

Related, I am also working out a Patreon. I know this is sometimes met with skepticism, but with the amount of work I want to put in, it also does become pretty time intensive and if I can even let the site's maintenance be covered by that at some point, that's fantastic. However, the more funded I am, the better projects I'll be able to work on. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't want the Mage College and game design to be my main career, but I don't expect riches overnight, and it is a crowded industry and you reap what you sew. I have a lot of good ideas, I am still trying to determine what they are worth. From my perspective, I'm just a silly guy who plays tabletop roleplaying games and makes stuff. I do however, want to get better at that those things and contribute to the global tabletop community. There will be more news about my Patreon to come, but don't worry, the level of content you will have access to here will not change by much. I will probably be reserving the PDF copies of the subclasses for D&D 5th edition for the lowest level of subscriber, but at the same time, it also means that it will take MUCH less time for me to develop them for the use the main site as they appear on the web page. Please bear with me as I am still figuring the logistics out.

Also! I've created a Discord channel that will be used for community members we pick up as we go to talk, share ideas, etc. Eventually more will happen with it, but some features will be linked to the Patreon, but you guys will also have a more direct method of getting in touch with me, discussing the site, the content, etc. Ultimately, yes I want a cool place to hang out, but I also want a more direct route of interacting with you guys and improving your experience with the Mage College.

Finally, Chronicle and Tale's development is well underway. I and my group of friends who have been considerable help, my Dev Team, have been really cranking out ideas and we have a great start on the game concepts we need for the writing process. I am hoping to have the first playtest packets by November 1st and further expanding upon them there. If you are curious about the dev team I will link them down below so you can follow them on twitter. They are all very cool people and paramount contributors to my experience as a designer and GM and definitely worth checking out.

More news to come! Happy gaming, everyone!

Special thanks to:
Andrew
Andy
Kannah
Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment